Geography of Jalgaon

Jalgaon being in the northern region of Maharashtra has quite diverse climate. The city has extreme weather with very hot and dry summers and equally cold winters which makes it unpleasant at times.

Geography of JalgaonTopography of Jalgaon

Jalgaon is surrounded by the Satpuda ranges in the north and Ajanta ranges in the south. The city is located at an average elevation of 209 meters. Tapti River is the main source of drinking water and irrigation in the region. It rises from the Western Ghats and flows through the eastern Maharashtra to join the Arabian sea. Tapti has thirteen tributaries and flows in a deep bed which makes it difficult to use for irrigation. The Girna river flows north just to the west of the city.

Demographics of Jalgaon

Jalgaon is located at 20.997984°N latitudes and 75.566711°E longitudes. Jalgaon had a population of 460,468. According to the 2001 census, 52% of the population is male and the rest 48% is female. Jalgaon has an literacy rate of 76%, higher than the national average of 59.5%. The male literacy is 80%, and female literacy is 71%. In Jalgaon, 13% of the population is under 6 years of age.

Weather of Jalgaon

The climate of Jalgaon is pretty diverse. It can be very hot in summers with the temperature going up to 47 degree Celsius within the months May to June mid. Jalgaon receives moderate rainfall, about 700 mm of rainfall during monsoons. Unlike the summers the winter out here is quite pleasant. The best time to visit Jalgaon is between December to February.

The state forestry department has opened its office in Jalgaon district in1881 and now has Jalgaon city and Yawal as two divisions in the district. The Jalgaon city division has 8 dense forestry sectors, 22 sub-divisions and 57 remote areas.

2581
  • SHARE THIS
  • TWEET THIS
  • SHARE THIS
  • COMMENT
  • LOVE THIS 0
  • E-mail

Comments / Discussion Board - Geography of Jalgaon

Loader
  • B
    Bharat Patil from Chahardi 553 Days ago

    It's very good information.but we need more about geography , geomorphology and geology of Jalgaon.like peaks,hills,plain,minerals,forest etc.i shall be very thankful to you if such information get available to us.

    3 2
    Report Abuse
    Reply